Most San Francisco luxury homes are built with constrained space, but that doesn’t mean you have to live without a wine cellar. While you probably won’t be able to squeeze in a cellar the size of some Napa homes, there are some creative ways you can add wine storage without having to tear down any walls. Here’s a quick look!
1. Glass Cellar: If you have extra space in a corner of a room, consider putting in a floor-to-ceiling glass closet of sorts where you can add wine bottle storage. It will create a magnificent focal point and afford views of your wine collection from virtually anywhere in the room!
2. Tasting Table: If you’re looking for a unique tasting table idea, run out to Napa and see if you can get your hands on an old wine barrel. You can use it as a tasting table where you can display a few bottles of wine, and pull up a few barstools to host your friends.
3. Wine Closet: Do you have an extra closet in your San Francisco luxury home that you’re not using? If so, think about turning it into a wine closet. Most reds should be shielded from light anyway if you’re trying to age it, and this is a great way to make use of extra space without breaking the bank.
4. Wall of Wine: If you’re a dedicated oenophile, consider turning one of your walls into a giant wine display. You can buy mountable wine racks that attach to the walls in your home, allowing you to display hundreds of bottles of wine and have an assortment at your fingertips.
5. Under the Stairs: The space under your stairs is awkward and underutilized, so think about installing a wine storage system here. This is a fantastic and unique idea that will help you save valuable space and also satisfy your need for wine storage!
In San Francisco, luxury real estate abounds! If you are thinking about purchasing a new home, we would love to discuss your unique real estate objectives. We specialize in San Francisco luxury homes, so please contact us today.